The Gladys and David Wright House is on the Market
Under eminent threat to be demolished and lot split for 2 new homes.
- Built: 1951
- 2+ Acres/94,913 s.f. with views of Camelback Mountain
- 2,553 S.f.
- 4 BR, 4BA
- Dining in Living Room/Great Room
- Separate Guest house with Carport
- Philippine mahogany wood ceilings, cabinets, doors, and window casings
- Swimming Pool constructed as part of exterior architectural detail
- Frank Lloyd Wright designed area rug
- Built in storage
- Concrete floors
- Frank Lloyd Wright designed table and 4 chairs, and Blueprints of home
House History: Designed and built for Frank Lloyd Wright’s son, David Samuel Wright, and wife Gladys, the only owners.
Background on issue in saving this home: http://www.mnn.com/your-home/remodeling-design/blogs/wright-vs-the-wrecking-ball-preservation-struggle-continues-in-pho
Frank Lloyd Wright Conservancy: http://www.savewright.org/index.php?page=33&id=99#
Photo: Wikipedia Commons